- (1:45) - greatest seasons ever in ultrarunning (Ann Trason, 1998)
- (5:13) - grand slam, what used to be competitively important in ultrarunning
- (9:19) - states with the least and most golden ticket winners
- (15:48) - easier to make money in ultrarunning during the Montrail Cup years?
- (24:35) - how and where the golden ticket series should be expanded
- (28:36) - improvements in ultrarunning media coverage
- (38:55) - hot take removing sponsor spots for more golden ticket spots
- (41:53) - a separate elite field race for Western States?
- (44:19) - are Missoula, MT and Salt Lake City, UT the next great trail towns?
- (48:05) - if a brand paid for it, where would you live year round for training?
- (50:59) - do altitude tents work?
- (54:46) - you need a recruitment strategy to build a trail town
- (56:40) - indicators for/how pro contracts should be awarded in ultrarunning
- (61:32) - whether to actively recruit from the college ranks for pro ultrarunning
- (65:55) - betting in ultrarunning
- (69:40) - kierin racing in Japan
- (76:22) - does betting increase the number of fans of ultrarunning?
- (78:14) - strava find of the week
- (83:56) - whether pro athletes have competitive advantage using shoe prototypes
Additional Episodes You May Enjoy:
Support the show
- Long Run Archives #1 | Jim Walmsley What Ifs, Black Canyon 100K Preview, Full-Time Ultrarunning
- Long Run Archives #2 | Ultrarunning Analytics, Elite DNF Debate, 3:47 Downhill Mile, Magda What If