In this episode, we talk with the 4th place female finisher at the 2022 Black Canyon 100K, Taylor Nowlin.
Taylor is a Professional Trail Runner for Adidas Terrex based in Spokane, WA. In addition to race analysis, we talk about how she got into Mountain Ultra Trail Running, life in Spokane, WA, how she organizes training and races alongside her other career in nursing, advice she has for female athletes entering the sport, and way more.
- (2:44) - introduction to trail running
- (4:53) - multi-year golden ticket journey
- (7:23) - Spokane, WA is a trail running city
- (10:38) - balancing running and nursing careers
- (14:16) - Black Canyon 100K recap
- (25:35) - preparation for Western States
- (29:50) - advice for up and coming female trail runners
- (38:44) - you don't have to always run trail to be a trail runner
Additional Episodes You Might Enjoy
- #39 - Hillary Allen | Brooks Running, Out And Back, Recovery Process Mindset, 2022 UTMB
- #37 - Corrine Malcolm | State Of The Sport, Ultra Running Commentary
- #31 - Dani Moreno | Sub Ultra Trail Racing, Golden Trail Series, Overcoming Burnout, Female Participation
Support Singletrack:Support the show