CJ Albertson is a professional runner for Brooks based in Fresno, CA who just set a new 50K world record in 2:38:43.
In this conversation we talk about his motivations to break that record, whether he’s interested in moving up in distance on the ultra scene, and his general thoughts on competition, physical training, mental training and more.
- InsideTracker - go to (https://info.insidetracker.com/singletrack) to get 20% off your next order.
- Kodiak Cakes - use code Singletrack15 at checkout on their website (https://kodiakcakes.com/) to get 15% off your next order
- Gnarly Nutrition - use code Singletrack20 at checkout on their website (https://gognarly.com/) to get 20% off your next order
- (2:20) - motivations for reclaiming the 50K record
- (9:11) - whether there's still time to shave off the record
- (12:45) - interests in other ultra distances
- (20:29) - training philosophy for ultras
- (23:17) - remaining goals, performance ceiling at marathon distance
- (31:10) - relationships with other elite marathoners
- (36:58) - mental training philosophy
- (40:47) - training inspirations
- (47:54) - interests in recovery, how he spends the rest of his days
- (58:10) - miscellaneous topics
Additional Episodes You May Enjoy:
Support the show
- #129 - Des Linden | Sports Psychology, Running Commentary, Trail and Ultrarunning Interests
- #109 - Jim Walmsley | 2022 UTMB Pre-Race Interview
- #38 - Taggart VanEtten | Road Ultrarunning, Midwest Scene, 100 Mile World Record Attempt