Frequent co-host Brett Hornig returns to the podcast to go wicked in-depth into everything about this race. We analyze the course, talk about what it's going to take to be successful, note some of the interesting storylines around the event, and yes, make our predictions for the female and male top 10 finishers this year.
- (1:53) - catching up with Brett after his weekend at the Broken Arrow Skyrace series
- (4:59) - whether Western States coverage is too saturated this year
- (8:21) - setting up the content for the episode, apologies for content cut
- (9:18) - hydration strategies at Western States
- (12:29) - top storylines
- (23:05) - women's field top 10 predictions
- (41:54) - men's field top 10 predictions
- (72:53) - influence of carbon-plated shoes in this race
This episode is sponsored by Soar Running. Use code Singletrack20 at checkout to get 20% off your next order.
Additional Episodes You May Enjoy:
Support the show
- #72 - Long Run Archives #4 | Cocodona 250, Mammoth Trail Fest, Super Shoe Influences, Strava Finds
- #63 - Long Run Archives #3 | Betting In Ultrarunning, Next Great Trail Running Towns, Golden Ticket Series Ideas
- #53 - Long Run Archives #2 | Ultrarunning Analytics, Elite DNF Debate, 3:47 Downhill Mile, Magda What If
- #43 - Long Run Archives #1 | Jim Walmsley What Ifs, Black Canyon 100K Preview, Full-Time Ultrarunning