Jim Walmsley is a professional trail runner for Hoka based in the French Alps preparing for the 2022 UTMB.
This episode is brought to you by Gnarly Nutrition. Use code Singletrack20 at checkout to get 20% off your order on their website (https://gognarly.com/).
- (0:20) - willingness to publicly set goals and be held accountable to those goals
- (2:18) - experience so far uprooting from Flagstaff, AZ to live and train in the French Alps
- (8:38) - whether there was ever any scenario for Jim where training for UTMB in the United States this summer made sense
- (11:27) - whether he is primarily racing the clock or racing his competitors at this year’s UTMB
- (14:40) - whether anything less than a win at this event would be a disappointment
- (17:03) - whether he is the American man best suited to win UTMB
- (18:19) - whether he enjoys following competitors and the media circus in the leadup to these events
- (20:28) - how he feels heading into this year’s UTMB compared to prior years
- (22:02) - whether he’s as excited about ultra running as he was 5-6 years ago
- (25:43) - whether he has a set timeline for how much longer he wants to compete in the sport
Follow Singletrack on Instagram:
Subscribe to Singletrack on Apple:
Subscribe to Singletrack on Spotify: