David Hedges is a professional trail runner for Norda and Satisfy Running based in Intervale, NH preparing for the 2022 UTMB.
This episode is brought to you by Gnarly Nutrition. Use code Singletrack20 at checkout to get 20% off your next order.
- (0:27) - whether 2021 and 2022 should be considered "breakout" years in his evolution as an ultrarunner
- (1:32) - moving to the French Alps for the entire 2022 summer in order to prepare for UTMB
- (4:19) - opportunities to train with fellow American elite ultrarunners in the leadup to UTMB, wisdom imparted, lessons learned
- (7:41) - training philosophy, being a "big volume" runner
- (8:58) - strengths on the UTMB course, expectations on race day
- (9:57) - whether he will have similar "tunnel vision" for future races
Follow Singletrack on Instagram:
Subscribe to Singletrack on Apple:
Subscribe to Singletrack on Spotify: