Sarah Keyes is an ultra runner, race director, and trail running community organizer (among many other roles) based in Saranac Lake, NY.
In this conversation, we talk about the trail running and overall mountain sports scene in the Adirondack Mountains, her role as race director of the Whiteface Mountain events, her role at ITRA, how to get more involved in our sport beyond training and racing, and much much more.
- (1:13) - trail running background
- (4:58) - thoughts on training and racing out of her car
- (9:57) - lifestyle in the Adirondack Mountains
- (18:00) - the influence of Olympic cities and towns like Lake Placid, NY
- (22:08) - race directing the Whiteface Mountain series
- (28:48) - brainstorming other cool mountain races in the northeast
- (34:11) - sorting out all the the championship events in trail running
- (43:48) - understanding the role ITRA plays in our sport
- (52:28) - what motivates Sarah to get involved in our sport at deeper levels
- (54:13) - how to get more active in your own trail running community
Additional Episodes You May Enjoy:
Support the show
- #52 - Mike Foote | Race Directing, Skyrunning Speculation, Future Of Ultrarunning Events, UTMB Influences
- #37 - Corrine Malcolm | State Of The Sport, Ultra Running Commentary