Lindsay Webster is a professional endurance athlete based in Sutton, Quebec. Widely regarded as one of - if not the greatest - obstacle course racers of all-time, Lindsay and I spend the bulk of this conversation talking about her decision to walk away from OCR earlier this year to focus on skyrunning.
- Kodiak Cakes - use Singletrack15 at checkout to get 15% off your next order.
- InsideTracker - go to insidetracker.com/singletrack to get 20% off your next order.
- Athletic Greens - go to athleticgreens.com/singletrack to get a subscription discount, free Vitamin D for a year, and 5 free travel packs.
- Trails and Tarmac - go to trailsandtarmac.com for trail and ultra coaching
- (4:23) - background, influence growing up with an Olympian
- (9:45 - becoming a full-time professional athlete in her mid-20s
- (12:44) - motivation and goal-setting after hitting all your biggest targets
- (17:29) - whether she will ever return to OCR
- (24:59) - choosing between skyrunning, golden trail, and other event series
- (27:06) - lessons so far from skyrunning
- (31:25) - lifestyle while traveling on the skyrunning circuit
- (35:48) - explaining OCR organizations
- (39:05) - similarities and differences in professionalism between OCR and trail running
- (42:29) - opportunities and challenges for OCR over the next few years
- (45:10) - OCR media
- (46:27) - miscellaneous questions
Additional Episodes You May Enjoy:
- #97 - Sophia Laukli | Beijing OIympics Experience, Broken Arrow Skyrace, Trail Racing Future
- #70 - Jazmine Lowther | 2022 Canyons 100K Course Record, Western States Golden Ticket, UTMB Aspirations
- #31 - Dani Moreno | Sub Ultra Trail Racing, Golden Trail Series, Overcoming Burnout, Female Participation
Support the show