In this episode, we talk with the 3rd place male finisher at the 2022 Black Canyon 100K, Jeff Colt.
Jeff is a Professional Trail Runner for On Running based in Carbondale CO. In addition to race analysis, we talk about his entry into the sport while working in the hut system of New Hampshire ’s White Mountains, his multi-year path to a golden ticket which included near misses at the 2018 and 2019 Bandera 100Ks, his unorthodox training philosophy, his thoughts on the East coast trail scene, and much more.
- (3:55) - introduction to trail and ultra running
- (6:01) - working in the White Mountains Hut System
- (9:49) - White Mountains Hut Traverse FKT
- (15:04) - describing New England trail running scene
- (21:04) - training in Carbondale, CO
- (26:48) - his unorthodox approach to training for ultras
- (30:14) - missing golden tickets in 2018 and 2019
- (37:36) - Black Canyon 100K race strategy and execution
- (54:51) - ranting against coaching culture in ultra running
Additional Episodes You May Enjoy:
- #38 - Taggart VanEtten | Road Ultrarunning, Midwest Scene, 100 Mile World Record Attempt
- #29 - Sabrina Stanley | Madeira Island Reflections, UTMB 2022, Adidas Trail Team
- #12 - Jack Kuenzle | FKT Scene, Sponsored Trail Runners, Brand Relationships
Support the show