In this episode, we talk with the 3rd place female finisher at the 2022 Black Canyon 100K, Anne-Marie Madden.
Anne-Marie is a Salomon-sponsored trail runner based in Vancouver, BC. In addition to race analysis, we talk about how she got into Mountain Ultra Trail Running, life in Vancouver, opportunities to grow our sport through better urban planning, the influence of social media, and much more.
- (1:53) - How Annie-Marie started trail running
- (6:37) - Why Vancouver, BC is a great place to be a trail runner
- (12:28) - Would Anne-Marie ever entertain being a full-time ultra runner?
- (14:44) - Why Anne-Marie chose the Black Canyon 100K
- (18:56) - Her strategy and execution to secure a golden ticket
- (28:20) - Initial thoughts on training and expectations for Western States
- (30:08) - The progress we've made increasing the number of female trail runners
- (36:06) - The connections between urban planning and trail running
- (38:47) - What she's changed her mind about with ultrarunning
- (41:21) - How our sport will look different in 2030, social media issues
Additional Episodes You Might Enjoy
- #39 - Hillary Allen | Brooks Running, Out And Back, Recovery Process Mindset, 2022 UTMB
- #37 - Corrine Malcolm | State Of The Sport, Ultra Running Commentary
- #31 - Dani Moreno | Sub Ultra Trail Racing, Golden Trail Series, Overcoming Burnout, Female Participation
Support Singletrack:Support the show