Fred Abramowitz is Co-Race Director of the Run Rabbit Run series held every mid-September in Steamboat Springs, CO.
In addition to race directing, Fred is the author of “A Blueprint for Sponsors of Ultrarunning” and we use that document to riff about prize money in our sport, why to make ultrarunning more interesting to the casual sports fan, the state of sponsorship, race directing issues, and more.
- (2:30) - background in ultrarunning, Run Rabbit Run history, blueprint motivation
- (14:59) - marketing our sport beyond the "diehards" to the participants, rest of the community, and casual sports fans
- (25:58) - prize money and race directing discussion
- (36:10) - Geoff Roes discussion, the ceremony of elite athlete phase shifts
- (44:30) - European racing scene, what it means fro American fan base
- (49:13) - why we can learn from Nascar, poker, etc to grow our fan base
- (59:42) - final thoughts on ultrarunning blueprint, why more of these shoudl exist
- (69:50) - the role of live coverage in ultrarunning
Additional Episodes You May Enjoy:
Support the show
- #183 - Caleb Efta - High Lonesome 100 | UTMB Policy, Trail Running Values, Grassroots Races
- #179 - Peter Abraham | Athlete Sponsorship, Live Race Coverage, Fan Creation In Trail Running
- #135 - Kelly Newlon | Real Athlete Diets, Crewing FKT Projects, Athlete Sponsorship Thoughts