In this episode we talk with Adam Merry. Adam is a professional Trail Runner for Saucony based in Golden, CO.
We reflect on his performance at the recent Bandera 100K, increasing representation in our sport, all the usual questions I have about the state of our sport because Adam is so tuned in, and more.
Adam is a great dude and one of the most mission-oriented people in our sport I have come across. I think it will shine through in this episode.
- (1:44) - running background
- (3:26) - Bandera 100K preparation, race execution
- (13:08) - whether Western States is still the goal, what's next
- (17:43) - ultrarunning media talk, brand investments
- (21:26) - social issues in trail running
- (27:28) - the training switch away from more is better
- (29:43) - continuing education as a coach
- (33:39) - organizing life to prioritize ultrarunning
- (38:36) - being a fan of ultrarunning
- (42:04) - outside influences on ultrarunning
- (46:57) - partnership with Saucony
- (54:25) - long-term thinking, self-belief
Additional Episodes You May Enjoy:
- #25 - Kyle Richardson | FKT Scene, Intersection Of Music And Movement, Trail Running Culture
- #18 - Moe Lauchert | Outdoor Entrepreneurship, Representation In Trail Running, Growing The Sport
- #16 - Logan Williams | Trail Running Philosophy, Athlete Sponsorships, Why We Run
Support Singletrack:Support the show